October 23, 2013

The One word that means the world

Birdie called me 'Maa' today, for the first time.

Maybe it was just a random utterance of some letters for him, but to me it meant him recognizing his relationship with me. Ah! a moment of bliss. All the hard times faced in trying to nurture him, all the sleepless nights holding him in the arms, trying to console him gets belittled with the utterance of one single word.  One small meaningless sound, yet how huge the impact is!

All the pains and hardships one endures as a parent, gives returns in multiples. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Birdie overuses the words 'ba' and 'da' since the words he most hears are 'abba' (what I call him) and 'Adel'. I once tried to teach him the word 'ma' by referring to him as amma. Everytime I called him ' amma' he searched around for his Nanu. Clever kid!




No comments:

Post a Comment