March 24, 2014

milestones

I read baby milestones every now and then, and it just occurred to me, that I have not been recording yours! So I will try to pull out of my memory some of your milestones

Smiled: around 2 months

Rolling: around 4 months. As soon as you started rolling, you would first look out for the iPad and roll yourself to it

Had first solid food: 27th February, 2013 (5 months)

Pulled yourself to a standing position while holding onto the bed: June 2013 (10 months)

Crawling: ummm this one I cannot remember, but surely it was between 10 - 14 months. First you used get on your knees, and then rock backward and forward. Then after a few days you learned to crawl.

Getting first haircut: Early August 2013 (10 months) Few days before eid

Standing on your own: November 2013 ( 14 months) -  I was back home from a training, and you stood up by yourself for the first time. It made me happy and sad at the same time. Happy because you achieved a milestone, sad because you were growing so fast, and moving towards independence so fast. Me, your nanu and adil, all applauded your milestone, and you understood that you were being appreciated. But you could not understand what amused us: the standing or the falling down. So for the next few minutes all you did was stand, and fall down on purpose. It was so cute!

Drawing on the wall with pencil:
November 2013 (14 months) - I was having some exam, and was studying at night in the bed. I slept with the books and pencil by my pillow. In the morning you woke up, found the pencil and drew on the wall. I bought you a box of crayons and a big copy after that.

Reading books on your own: November 2013 (14 months) - You had books since you were 4 months old. But you understood books around this time. So you would bring books to me, and I would point at the pictures and read them to you. When you were on your own, you would turn the pages and read the books by yourself. All you said were of course gibberish.....cute gibberish!

Cutting first teeth: December 2013 (15 months)

Walking: January 2014 ( 16 months)

First Words: January 2014 (16 months) - You started saying meaningful words, and the first word is 'ball' pronounced 'bbball'. By 17 months, you added a few more words to your vocabulary, like 'nnna' for na, 'bbboi' for book, 'adil' for adil and 'kaak' for every type of winged anumal. A crow is a kaak, a pigeon is a kaak, a hen is a kaak!
And for everything your answer is 'nnna', that too with a head swaying.
Baba baire jaba? - nnna
Baba chocolate khaba? - nnna
Baba, ma tomake ador dei? - nnna
Baba, ma tomake mair dei? - nna 

Kicking a ball: March 2014 (17 months of age). Took you to roof to play, and you ran around kicking the ball. Never saw you kicking the ball before that!

That's all for now, I will record some more milestones on the way.....



No comments:

Post a Comment